What is the GasNCFunc website?
This website is part of "the Functionality Process for Gas Network Codes", co-managed by ACER and ENTSOG and supported by the European Commission.
This process allows stakeholders to raise and discuss the issues they face regarding Network Codes, the CMP Guidelines or the Transparency Annex of Regulation (EC) No. 715/2009, following the requirements set in Regulation (EC) No. 715/2009. Furthermore, stakeholders can support an already posted issue with additional comments via the Support section of the website.
The website is the communication tool between stakeholders on the one side and ACER and ENTSOG on another side. This is where the stakeholders can publicly address their concerns. ACER and ENTSOG will further process the provided input: validate, categorize and prioritize the issues and develop commonly the issue solution. Please note that the Platform, as an information tool, does not replace any formal procedure.
In particular, there are separate processes to request a Network Code amendment or to start an infringement procedure. The Functionality Process and this website are not a substitute to the formal network code amendment process, where requests may be directly addressed to ACER. More generally, should you decide that the Platform is not the appropriate tool to raise your issue, even if relevant to the process, it remains possible to contact ACER and ENTSOG bilaterally.
Who can access the website?
Anyone can access the website. However, only Registered Users can report, comment on, and support an issue for further elaboration. Business area professionals entitled to become Registered Users are:
- Network users;
- European Union institutions;
- Energy Community institutions;
- Member States representatives;
- European Associations of the Energy Sector;
- National Associations of the Energy Sector;
- National regulatory authorities;
- Transmission system operators;
- Distribution system operators;
- Third parties acting on behalf of the above mentioned;
- Other organizations in case if agreed between ACER and ENTSOG.
Registered User have access to all reported issues submitted by all Registered Users with all provided details as well as the issue solutions and all supported documents,
except for information uploaded as confidential.
Furthermore, the Registered User will have to choose a ‘Organization screen name’. The Organization screen name will be displayed when the Registered User submits an issue, posts a comment, etc.
The real name of the Registered User and his/her organization are visible to the website administrators only.
While they do not have access to the report form, non-registered users have access to all reported issues submitted by all Registered Users with all provided details as well as the issue solutions and all supported documents, except for information uploaded as confidential. Non-registered users do not have access to the support and comment functions on the Platform, they can however see the support count for an issue as well as the comments posted by Registered Users.
What issues can be reported?
In principle all issues associated with the Network Codes, Guidelines, and the Transparency Annex of the Regulation (EC) No. 715/2009 may be reported by the registered users. However, in cases where previously addressed issues are being re-submitted, the scope of the Functionality Process is limited to those issues for which a change in materiality can be shown.
After the submission, ACER and ENTSOG will first validate whether the reported issue corresponds to the scope of the Functionality Process. Successfully validated issues will be further categorized and prioritized. Further validation criteria can be applied, if agreed between ACER and ENTSOG.
How to report and support an issue via the Platform?
In order to have access to the report and support function, you must be registered and logged in on the website.
- By submitting the filled out registration request form you declare that you are authorized to act on behalf of the entity specified in the registration request form and you accept that ACER and ENTSOG can use the information provided in the issue solution and eventually consult with other stakeholders;
After submitting the registration request form, the data will be reviewed by the website administrators, who will check your eligibility. If you are eligible, administrators will create a user account.
If you have an account and want to deregister from the Platform, or if your account should be transferred to another person within your organization, please contact the support team of the Gas Network Codes Functionality Platform at firstname.lastname@example.org
or through the Contact page
To report an issue, as a Registered User you must be logged in to have access to the report form. You must fill in all mandatory fields. The Platform allows you to:
- Upload supporting documents in the supported format (PDF).
- Submit confidential and non-confidential supporting documents. Your confidential documents are only visible to you, ACER and ENTSOG and will not appear in the list of all issue documents. Your non-confidential documents will be available in read mode for all visitors of the Platform. The Registered User decides what to upload as confidential or non-confidential. It is highly recommended to also provide a non-confidential version of all confidential documents uploaded to an issue.
If you want to withdraw your reported issue, please contact the support team of the Gas Network Codes Functionality Platform at email@example.com or through the Contact page. Please note that a withdrawn issue will remain visible on the Functionality Platform with the status "Withdrawn by User".
To support an issue, as a Registered User you must be logged in to have access to the support function. The Platform allows you to:
- Show your support for an already posted issue by clicking the support button on the issue page.
If you want to delete your support for an issue, simply click the "Click to remove support" button next to the support function.
To comment on an issue, as a Registered User you must be logged in to have access to the comment function. The Platform allows you to:
- Express your written comments to already posted issue(s);
- Upload supporting documents in the supported format (PDF);
- All supporting documents uploaded through the comment function are treated as non-confidential supporting documents and will be available in read mode to all users and visitors of the Platform.
If you want to delete a comment and/or a supporting document you have posted in the comment function to an issue, this can be done by simply clicking the ‘delete’ button next to your comment. Your comment and/or supporting document will then no longer be visible on the Platform.